Brights

I was just reading my copy of Scrapbooking Memories Vol 13 No 9 (I'm a bit behind I know!) and looked at the gallery on Brights. I very seldom do a layout that involves bright colours, so I thought why not give it a try? In fact I did two bright layouts this week. And I actually do love them both!

The first layout is of my son after falling into a puddle. 
The background paper is a piece of daisyd's that has been in my stash for many years (I did say I don't do brights!) It has many colours on it, so I chose just three to use throughout the layout - green because it is the main colour of the paper, blue to loosely represent the water element and finally purple - not a colour I have ever used on a male layout before, but it works well.
Two of the letters and the green spotted circle are also from the same collection of daisyd's.

The second layout is of my beautiful sister.
This layout is done on the same collection of daisyd's as the first layout. The letters, and the purple circle are also from the same daisyd's collection.
The photo was only black and white so I wanted to use colour on the layout. To tie the photo into the layout, one of the photo mats is black and white, and the whole layout is also matted on the same black and white paper. The rest of the layout is done in bright pink and lime, with a splash of purple (because of the purple on the letters).

Both of these layouts turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

Comments

Popular Posts