Challenges

This year I decided I would participate in challenges. I haven't participated in a challenge before, and thought it would be fun to give it a try. I would still be doing layouts and projects, but the ones I do would be done to a criteria and eligible to be entered in draws. A win win situation I think!

The first one I have done was set by Scrappin' Patch and is a 6 week challenge.  There is a weekly challenge, which for the first two weeks at least is a layout, and a stationery challenge which runs over the six weeks, adding a new piece to the stationery set each week.

The challenges for week one were a double layout about US (with a list of required materials) and a pencil holder for the stationery set. I only found the challenge one day before it was due, so it was definitely a challenge. Moreover, double layouts are not my thing - I've only done three or four total over the years and they usually take me a week each! So it was even more of a challenge but one I wanted to take.

 
"Us 3".  Patterned papers: Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa, Wonderfall & Trendsetter, My Minds Eye Meadowlark Dawn; Chipboard alphas, number & bird: stash; Ribbon: from clothing; Rub-ons: Make it Personal; Stamp: stash; Ink: Tim Holtz/ Ranger, Impress, stash; Other: foam tape, double sided tape, pen.

I am really proud of my effort with this double layout, even if I didn't place.

"Pencil Holder" made using a Play-Doh pot and a random selection of pink (& white & brown) paper, ribbon and butterflies. I know it is very plain and simple, but I know I will be able to match the whole set over the six weeks because of that fact.

Comments

Popular Posts