Honey - Saturday Sketch #1 December

Today I have a layout I created for a sketch challenge over on the Kaisercraft Blog. Kaisercraft do sketches every Saturday, but the winners are drawn monthly (from any Saturday in that month).
 

And this is my take on it:

It is a long time coming to do a layout about my dear pet sheep, Honey, who I got as an orphaned, two day old lamb as an eight year old. I am very happy with the outcome. It is much better than I had anticipated.
 
The rules of the Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch contests are to use the sketch and at least 70% Kaisercraft product.
 
Kaisercraft products used:
Cardstock - Kaisercard Eggshell (background) and Vanilla ('Polaroid' frames);
Patterned Paper: Kaisercraft Ever Blooming 'Birds of Paradise';
Mini Alpha stickers;
Mini Paper Blooms (Dusty Pink);
Rhinestones and Pearls (Soft Pink rhinestones, Black pearls and Hunt & Gather Jewels)
Small square Brad (I don't know the collection)
 
Other products used: Buttons - from old clothing; Butterfly (and the letter 'N' from the title) - a reusable Shantons shopping bag (a few years old); Making Tape - Francheville; Mist - Adirondack 'Meadow' Colour Wash; black ink pen; a few different alphas I've had for a few years.
 
Thanks for looking
JessicaT

Comments

  1. wonderful love what you did with the frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, love the story of the sheep. Would love to have an experience like that for myself and the kids. All I have ever owned are cats, dogs, mice, fish and 5 chickens. A sheep would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. I was very lucky growing up on a farm, having at least one pet lamb every year until I went to boarding school. It's not something you appreciate until you move to the city and meet people who have never experienced things we took for granted. It would be lovely for everyone to experience things like that, especially the kids :-)

      Delete
  3. Such an adorably cute layout! I love all of your animals and love the country life too! (Even though I live on 3 acres at the edge of our town now). TFS and thanks for stopping by the October Afternoon blog and the kind words you left there about my projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate people leaving comments when they like my work, so I like to do the same for others. Thanks for your kind words :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts