Week 1 - New Years Resolutions

It is the start of a new year, and a perfect time to make some changes in your life and set some goals.

This year I want to be more productive, and that relates to all areas of my life including my craft.

A specific craft goal of mine is to create five cards and one layout each week. That goal may need to be amended depending on how much craft time I get, and I haven't set a goal for any off the page items. But that is the goal I have set!

I also want to do a blog post each Tuesday, to show what projects I have completed in the week previous.

My final craft goal is to make money from my crafts. I've never sold anything I've created and I want to start, more than likely with a few cards. It wont be much money, but I've got to start somewhere!

This week I created seven cards and one traditional double page layout. I'm stipulating that it is a traditional layout, because I got my first photo freedom kit today, and photo freedom sleeves are entirely different from a traditional layout. And I stipulated that it is a double, because I find them really hard and they take me so much longer! I've never kept a proper count of what I create, so it will be interesting to see as the year goes on (if I remember to keep count!)

Some of this weeks projects:

I included a mini 6x4 book with extra photos and journalling in a pocket behind the photo on the left hand page. I put tabs on the pages of the mini book to make it look like file pages, but easier to get in and out as one piece.

18th Birthday Flying Lesson layout, materials used:
Cardstock (don't know the brand or colour name)
Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle 'Saturdays'
Stamps: Maya Road 'Around the World'
Alphas: free with Scrapbooking Memories magazine a couple of months ago
Mist: Tattered Angels Plain Jane 'Teal'
Cardstock stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle 'Saturdays' and My Minds Eye 'Lime Twist' Fly A Kite
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Brads: Basic Grey 'Pyrus' and some I bought in Aussie last year
Other: pen, foam tape.



All the materials used on my cards are from my stash (except the American Crafts cardstock), and are quite old (except the washi and some trims) - I'm trying to use up my stash because it's getting way too big with products I'm not using, as I've got more products than time to craft!

Until next time,
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts