Week 2 - OA & LYB

This week I started with a layout I've been wanting to try for well over a year now. After I completed the layout, and all the supplies were still lying around (usually I tidy as I go), I thought to myself that I should make some cards - that's what you're always told to do; make some cards while all the supplies are still out (with the scraps if that suits), as obviously those supplies go together or you wouldn't have used them on your layout.
 
Well I took a slightly different approach. If I used those supplies on a layout because they looked good together, why not make a second layout while the supplies are still out? It doesn't have to be the next layout in the album, or even for the same album.
 
So that's what I did.
 
And then I made some cards too.
 
When Daddy Went Hunting
 
  
Materials used:
Patterned paper: October Afternoon 'Farm Fresh' journal cards (background piece and some cards) and October Afternoon 'Rocket Age' 8x8 paper pad
Alphas: Echo Park 'A Boy's Life' alpha sticker sheet and Pink Paislee 'Starlight'
Trim: Moda Vera 'Birds Nest'
Washi: Franchville
Brads: Franchville and unknown
Other: adhesive, blue ink pen
 
16 Months
Materials used:
Patterned paper: October Afternoon 'Rocket Age' 8x8 paper pad
Alphas, letter, cardstock sticker: Echo Park 'A Boy's Life' alpha sticker sheet
Mist: Tattered Angels Plain Jane 'Teal' and Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst 'Autumn Maple Crimson'
Brads: Franchville and unknown
Other: adhesive, foam tape, blue in pen
 
Blank cards.
I often like to make blank cards, so that I can personalise them when needed - with a monogram, number, or stamped sentiment.
 
Materials used:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned paper: October Afternoon 'Rocket Age' 8x8 paper pad
Brads: Franchville
 
And then I did it all again, this time using the Little Yellow Bicycle BabySaurus collection.
 
2 Cute
I only attached the fussy-cut portions along the outer edge so they were loose and gave the layout more dimension (to be honest, I would've used foam tape if I hadn't used the last of it behind my photo).
 
Materials used:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Cardstock stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Alphas: free with a Scrapbooking Memories magazine last November.
Flower: Prima Marketing 'Annalee'
Brad: Franchville
Trim: Moda Vera 'Birds Nest'
Rhinestones: Sullivans 'light blue' bling
Other: Adhesive, foam tape, pen
 
Birthday card
 
Materials used:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Cardstock stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Alphas: unknown
Rhinestones: Weave Extras 'Baby Boy Blue' DIY Bling Strips
 
Next week I'll do it all again, and I'll be doing at least one layout with the BabySaurus collection as I've already started planning it :-)
 
See you again next week.

Comments

Popular Posts