Week 3 - many different projects

This week I started with a layout, which followed on from last weeks BabySaurus projects.
 
 
 Materials used -
Patterned paper: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Trims: Organza and hearts (unknown), Crochet: May Arts, Alphabet: Celebrate, Mini ball trim: Fancy Pants 'Little Sprout'
Dimensional Stickers: Little Yellow Bicycle 'BabySaurus'
Alphas: Echo Park 'A Boy's Life'
Pearls: Sullivan's 'Light Blue', Rhinestones: Weave Extras 'Baby Boy Blue' DIY Bling Strip
Other: Adhesive, foam tape, pen, thread.
 
Then I created a Congratulations card and covered 1B5 study book to give to my partner once his course acceptance letter arrives (I'm positive he'll get in!)
 All materials used are random bits and pieces I've had in my cupboard for a long time (some of them for years!)

And last, but certainly not least, I started on a mini album for my trip to Brisbane in 2011.

I had decided I didn't want to scrap all the photos (I took over 1000), but I wanted somewhere I could include all my memorabilia and receipts etc. So I started on an album which separates the trip into days, and each day will have journaling and all the little bits of memorabilia and a couple of photos. I will then also have a photo album or photo book to go with it.

I have completed stage one, which includes the cover and 13 page dividers. I don't have any of the photos printed, so It will be a while until it is completed. However, I can still get most of it completed. I need to make pockets for the memorabilia (which I can sort and put in the album), and write out the journaling that I wrote in a notebook while I was there. And make pages that will later be made into mini collages or mini layouts.

The album measures approx 8x9 inches, and the pages 6x8 inches.
 
 
I would have loved to use a travel collection, but I didn't have any (and can't afford to go buy a collection to make a mini album) so I just used what I had on hand - a very eclectic mix :-)
 
Patterned papers used:
SEI 'So Girly'
Scribble Scrabble 'Lullaby of Birdland' and 'Nana's Trunk' (for the cover)
Iron Orchid Designs 'Steel Toe Mary Jane'
Fancy Pants 'Rusted Sun'
My Minds Eye ' Meadowlark' Dawn (x3)
October Afternoon 'Rocket Age' 8x8 paper pad (x4)

I used a ton of different alphas and embellishments, but alphas that featured prominently include: Echo Park 'A Boy's Life' and Pink Paislee 'Starlight', and I almost used an entire sticker pad by Momenta called 'Going Places' (the only travel themed thing I own!!!)

I'll see you again next Tuesday. Who knows what projects I'll have to show you then, as I have nothing planned at the moment :-)

Until then,
JessicaT

Comments

Vicki said…
Love the mini album for your Brisbane trip. Am thinking this is the way to go for our trips too after realising I have far too many 12x12 albums. :)
JessicaT said…
Thanks Vicki. Yeah, I decided early on that I wasn't going to scrap them - there were just far too many photos and an album that size would take a LOT of product, time and space! But I really wanted to have my memorabilia somewhere that was with my photos, not just in a box. I finally came up with this solution last week. I can have my journaling and memorabilia and a pic or two that represents each day in a mini album, and then have a photo book sitting next to it with 100 or so photos. Photo books are nice and slim, and take up about a 10th the space of an album!
Shaun said…
Looks really great Jess, Keep up the good work.

Popular Posts