Week 11 - Challenges x3

Welcome to this weeks post, recapping Week 11 (March 12th - 18th)
 
This was a very productive week for me, completing three layouts and eight cards. I will only be showing three projects here today. All three are challenges for the Moxie Fab World blog.
 
The first is a Tuesday Trigger challenge. This is the Trigger image:
 
 
And here is my take on it:
 
Materials used:
Fab Scraps 'Shabby Chic' background paper
Pink Paislee 'Parisian Anthology', 'Prairie Hill', and '365 Degrees' patterned papers
Prima and Fundamentals flowers
Love You More bling brads
Kaisercraft chocolate pearls
Doily, washi tape x2, alphas x3, white ink, double sided and foam tape.
 
 
What I used from the trigger image:
Green, and the feminine aspects of it.
 
 
My next project is for the Card Creations Week: Chevron Challenge
 
 
This card is made from cutting chevrons from a piece of card stock, attaching them to a piece of cardstock the same colour, and lightly painting white over the top. Then using three colours of light colour cottons to make a little 'nest' of cotton, then adding vine trim and a flower. Finally attaching all that to a card stock base.
 
 
 
 
I don't own a die cutting machine at all, so the butterfly is traced and then hand cut with scissors. I added a postcard slightly bigger than the card in behind it, with pieces of doily popping out from under it. Then I added the butterfly's body and a flower on top, with three rhinestones for added elegance.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed viewing these projects as much as I enjoyed making them :-)
Thanks for looking. See you again next Tuesday.
JessicaT

Comments

  1. Where to begin? I adore the scrapbook page. So many details showcasing your photos. The negative cut of the butterfly is brilliant, with the peeks of lace. White chevrons? Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for creating a page for this challenge. I sometimes feel like I am the only one submitting pages to MFW. Of course, I did make a card this week, but I will always ignore the housework when Moxie has a ruffle inspiration photo! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Clare. Cards seem to be the thing to make in all paper crafting comps, especially on MFW! I do try to make layouts whenever possible, to get some done off my list. I guess it is a lot harder to make a layout as beautiful and worthy of a win than a card is, but it would be great to see some paper crafts other than cards in the top 5 more often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jessica! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ...and layouts are always welcome! I'm so glad to see yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jessica! Thanks also for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jessica! Thanks also for linking this up to the Chevron Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well1! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts