Week 16 - Crate Paper 'Maggie Holmes' collection

Week 16 ~ April 16th - 22nd 2013
 
This week I pulled out my Maggie Holmes collection by Crate Paper and got creating. I used sketches from two current April challenges - if I'm crafting I might as well enter a contest at the same time, right?  :-)
 
I love this collection. It is full of wonderful colours and patterns. I've been holding off using it until I felt I was in a good creative space - as I don't want to waste it! After a few weeks away I think I've finally got my groove back :-)
 
For the first layout I used this sketch, for the Artful Crafts April challenge:
 
 
And this is my interpretation:
 
 
 
 
 
The second layout was based on this sketch, for the Scrappin' Patch April sketch challenge:
 
 
And here is my interpretation:
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking.
 
I'll be back next Tuesday for a re-cap of my crafts for week 17.
JessicaT
 
P.S. With the seasons changing and winter drawing near, the sky is no longer sunny and light but full of dark cloud. And I'm having big trouble taking photos - which is very evident above. Can anyone give me tips, or website/ blog addresses for building a light box? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :-)

Comments

  1. I love Maggie Holmes new collection. Even though I have four boys I love the chance to play with girly things usually on my cards. Where did you get your supplies from? Love how you used the tages for the background on your layout for Scrappin Patch. In answer to your question I found a tutorial by Maggie Holmes on how she photographs hers
    http://studiocalico.blogspot.co.nz/2009/09/tutorial-photographing-layouts.html. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen. Thank you for your comment, and for the link.
    I love this collection so much, and I was so lucky to actually win this one direct from Crate Paper before it was released (I was literally squealing with delight). However, Maggie Holmes can be purchased from my two regulars: Scrappin' Patch http://scrappinpatch.co.nz/shop/index.php?cPath=1571_1716 and Artfull Crafts http://www.artfullcrafts.co.nz/Maggie-Holmes
    Hope this helps. JessicaT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts