Week 25 - Machine Stitching

Week 25 - June 18th to 24th
 
This week, for the first time ever, I did machine stitching on a paper craft project (layouts to be specific). I know people have been machine stitching for years, but I have only ever hand sewn. Yip, everything I have ever sewn on a paper craft has been by hand.  What changed? Well my sewing machine was finally unearthed from the depths of the cupboard behind every kind of box imaginable and was shown the light of day for the first time in 3 or 4 years!
 
I must say I really enjoyed my first ever experience of sewing on paper. I felt really unnatural but fun. Especially since this was my view:
 
 5 inches of snow on the ground and still snowing. So beautiful.
 
 So this is my first almost-complete machine-stitched layout.
 
 The photos are sewn on straight stitch, and I alternated between straight and zigzag stitch for the border.
 
I also stitched down the title, which is a combination of covered chipboard and printed fabric (cut from those papery type fabric shopping bags).
 
But that is as far as I got. I haven't looked for embellishments yet, haven't had the time.
 
Like I say every other week, it is always so much fun to try something new!
And one day I will finish this layout.
 
See you next week!
JessicaT

Comments

Popular Posts