August Sketch Challenge

Todays project is a layout I completed for the Artfull Crafts August Sketch Challenge.

Here is the sketch:



And here is my take on it:


It is a gorgeous photo of my son at 10 weeks old, sitting on a branch in one of our apple trees in full white blossom. It was so beautiful I had to get a photo of him with the blossom. He wasn't so keen on the idea though!


All the flowers for the border were punched from scrap paper in white and light blues, sewn down and then a button added to the centre of each. I wrote my journaling around the outside of the page in gold ink, to match my gold glitter foam thickers.


I also added 3 punched butterflies which I applied dimensional magic to for added depth. I used my Heidi Swapp sunburst spray stencil with a light dusting of Aqua and Teal Plain Jane mist, and sewed along all the lines for added texture.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular Posts