Week 34 - Colouring Images

Week 34 included me doing something very new - colouring images.
 
I've never done this before, other than in children's colouring books, and it was really fun. I don't have any of the 'proper' pens/ markers/ copics/ alcohol inks I always hear people talking about, I just used the ink pens I have at home. Needless to say my colour range wasn't huge, but I still had a great time doing it.
 
I did it to enter the Artfull Crafts August Challenge, and used their Artfull Inklings as my images.
 
 'Enchanted Ella' Artfull Inklings card. Inklings and Sketch Challenge entry.
On this card I inked the edges with magenta ink, wrapped it with pink ribbon, backed the image with pink paper, and then adhered it to the card with foam dots for dimension. I added a rhinestone to the flower centre, and covered the cup of coffee she is holding with a bouquet of small fabric flowers.
 
 
 
 'Bella Bouquet' Artfull Inklings card.
On this card I did a lot of sewing for added texture, including sewing a line under the 'Happy Birthday' stamp to make it stand out more. I  fussy cut the image and adhered it with foam dots for added dimension, and added three rhinestones for a bit of glamour.
 
 
 
 'Spaceman Sam' Artfull Inklings card.
On this card I coloured the image with my normal pens, and then found some with a bit of sparkle in them for a little bit of added interest. I backed the image with a contrasting colour, and sewed that as well as a colourful mat onto my card base. I also sewed on a strip of fancy ribbon to finish it off. 
 
 
Thanks for looking.
JessicaT

Comments

Popular Posts