January 2014

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year period, that you were able to spend time with family and friends, and perhaps even take a short - or long - holiday.
 
And now 2014 is upon us. Three weeks in and boy has it been a crazy year so far. So, so crazy. Busy. Stressful. Tiring. But good at the same time.
 
And I have had a couple of spare hours each week to throw together some crafts.
 
Here a two cards for some little girls celebrating their first birthdays :-)
 
 I know this photo isn't brilliant, but the rest are okay!
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back on January 1st Heidi Swapp shared this image on her facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612481245454967&set=pb.210809395622156.-2207520000.1390277401.&type=3&theater
(it's a wall paper for a mobile device - with a white background, hence why it is so long).
I downloaded it, put it as my wall paper on my phone, and have tried to follow it, everyday. Life has been throwing me some lemons lately, and I have to make a conscious choice to Choose Happy. And having this as a visual reminder every time I open my phone is brilliant.

Another thing a lot of people in the crafting community like to do is choose 'One Little Word' (started by Ali Edwards). When I first heard of it I thought it was silly. How could One Little Word make any difference, then my opinion slowly started to change. Over a few days I thought 'what word would I choose?' Lots of people said they didn't choose their word, it chose them. And that pretty much what happened to me. Do. Yip, that's my One Little Word.

Do.

Do it. Just do it. Go for it. Give it a go.
Do more. Stop procrastinating. Get it done. Fit it in.
And so on.

So between 'Choose Happy' and 'Do', I feel 2014 is going to be my year. Finally a good year for me. And it has started off really well.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts