Preserving Memories of a Childs Favourites

Is there something your child always had with them when they were little? Have you preserved that memory in a scrapbook page?
 
Mine certainly did, and it is something that I have never done a layout about. Something so significant in his life is something I should preserve for later years, and something I finally got around to doing this month.
 
My layout is based on this sketch for the Artfull Crafts February Challenge, which also has the theme of Love which I based this layout on - my sons' love of his teddy, blankie and dummy at 21 months old.
 
 
Here is my take on the sketch:
 
I had fun misting the background with two colours - teal and aqua. It gives it so much more interest, as does a few drops of the mists so it isn't just a flat appearance.
 
I had some aqua cardstock that matched perfectly, so I used that in three areas. And my lace trim was also in the same colour. I mustn't use these colours often, as in my random stash I also had the felt heart paperclip in the same colours, and the felt stickers. I used a little pop of yellow, in a visual triangle around my photos, so it wasn't all blue.
 
Here are some close up shots:



 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts