The Bright and Cheery Kaisercraft "Say Aloha"

Kaisercrafts "Say Aloha" collection, I have to admit, isn't something I would normally buy. It is very bright and colourful, full of tropical type prints, with lots of tropical colours - nothing that I typically use (other than some pink).
 
But when I saw it I instantly thought of my trip to Australia some years ago, and the fact that I hadn't scrapped any photos from the trip. I thought those tropical prints and colours would suit my photos, and I was very pleased with the result.
 
I initially started with one layout, then decided to use my remaining three printed photos for two more layouts - something I should have decided at the start, so I could have spread my supplies more evenly over the three layouts. But I still love them anyway.
 
I then finished them all off with a title from gold glitter thickers. Perfect!
 
Brisbane
 
I love these photos of my sister, my mum and myself, on my sister's apartment balcony in Brisbane. The patterned paper and leaf embellishments match the foliage in the photo backgrounds so well, and just tie the page together perfectly.
 

 
 
Mt. Coot-Tha
 
This is one of my favourite memories from the trip. The bus to the top of Mt. Coot-Tha leaves again after 10 minutes, with the next one being an hour after that. We knew it would be a fantastic view from the top, but that we wouldn't be able to fill in an hour up there.
 
Our bus to the top arrived late. We ran to the lookout and took 16 photos, including this one of myself with Brisbane in the background, and were back on the bus which was leaving again. The timestamp from the first photo to the last is a difference of three minutes!
 
Lots of smiles and laughter from this quick trip and a lifetime of memories.
 


 
 
DreamWorld
 
My one and only trip to a big amusement park. DreamWorld has both rides and lots of Australian wildlife on display, so I though it was a good idea to remember them both on the one layout. 
 
There are very few pictures of us actually on rides, since you're on them without a camera, but my mum didn't do this one so was able to snap a photo of my sister and myself. And as for the wildlife, I have heaps of fantastic photos of the animals, but chose to include one of myself as this is my one and only overseas trip - I might as well have evidence I was there!
 
 
 
 
These layouts will be included in the Artfull Crafts June and July Challenge (Anything Goes).

Thanks for stopping by today.
 
And remember to go outside your comfort box some times. I could have easily done a layout with complimentary blues that matched our outfits, but we were in semi-tropical climates so why not go all out and embrace it!
 
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts