Grab 5 #1

Good Morning everyone in Scrappy Land!
 
So I have something new today, a new way of scrapping with your own supplies. All credit goes to Inkie Quill for the idea! She has a Grab 5 series on her YouTube Channel which I love and think is a brilliant idea, so I have done a version myself.
 
What you do is grab 5 things from your stash and create a project that must incorporate all 5 products. They can be old products, new products, partial packs, complete packs - completely up to you. They must be 5 different products, and from different collections for more of a challenge. You can use other products too, as long as you use all 5 of these ones as well.
 
These are the products I included in my first ever Grab 5:
 
 
- Kaisercraft "Rewind" 6x6 inch paper pad
- Basic Grey "Archaic" rub-ons
- Various cut-aparts and printables
- Various washi tapes
- Words printed on velum squares that have been in my stash for years and years and I never use and don't know where they're even from
 
 And the layout I created:
 
 
I love how it turned out. I included things I otherwise wouldn't of, like the rub-on dinosaur and caveman paintings, but they tie in nicely.
 
 
 
 
 
So did I use them all? Of Course!
 
- Kaisercraft "Rewind" 6x6 inch paper pad ~ layers, layers, layers. And all the circles are punched from the paper too.
 
- Basic Grey "Archaic" rub-ons ~ I didn't think I had that many left, but they're everywhere!
 
- Various cut-aparts and printables ~ used as layers behind the photo, cut up and used as the frame on the photo, 'keeping cool' added in the cluster on the left, and even cut into a banner there as well.
 
- Various washi tapes ~ used in the layers on the top, side and bottom.
 
- Words printed on velum squares ~ I cut the word out and stuck that at the top of the photo. I only used the one. I can see why I never use them.
 
This was a great way of scrapping. It was so much fun. It was challenging. It made me think of using products in different ways. It made me incorporate things I typically wouldn't. It helped me use up some of my stash.
 
I loved it so much I made two layouts. Check back next week for the second one!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Jessica T
 

Comments

Popular Posts