Little Lady Birthday Cards

Hello, it's nice to have you stop by!

As I mentioned in a previous post, once I finally got my craft desk cleared off, the first thing I created was a card for my nieces birthday.


Today I have a bit of a step-by-step for that.

I started with this piece of 4x6 cardstock which I had previously added the letter H rub-ons too. I didn't know what I would do with it at the time, but knew that I would find a use one day as I had a niece with an H initial.


On the left side I used a stencil with pale pink and pale yellow mists, and on the right I just spritzed with pink mist. I then cut them apart.


I matted both pieces with multiple patterned paper scraps.


Then I added those onto card bases, which I had covered with different pieces of patterned paper. I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment on little banners, and added those to the card with foam dots for dimension.

Next it was time to embellish:
  

Why would I create two cards with the initial H and number 2? I actually have two nieces with names beginning with H, who are born a few months apart, so one will be used now and one later on. 
(Both those families have two daughters, with both sisters names beginning with P! Uncanny)


I actually designed this card the other way round but had accidentally stuck the H piece on upside down and couldn't move it. So I stuck the Birthday sentiment on anyway thinking I could make it work, but the composition was all wrong so I had to cut the card front off and trim one side down and put it on another card front.

You can always make it work.


As the card base is quite busy on this one it really didn't need much embellishing. The number 2 and tiny deer were enough.


The second card base was much more pale and needed brightening up. I added a couple of black elements to tie in the black H's, along with a few mint coloured circles and then bright pink butterflies.




Thanks for stopping by. I hope this inspired you to reach into your stash and make something outside your norm!

Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts