Happy December!

Hi there!

Well December has come around very quickly. A year ago we were in the throws of moving long distance. I cannot believe that was a year already! This year, I'm in the throws of decorating for Christmas. Due to us moving last year, I never did any Christmas decorating, so un-boxing everything is very interesting - learning what I have, what I got rid of, what new things I had bought or received when I boxed everything up 2 years ago! It's nice to be able to decorate again, and feel somewhat settled. I will get some photos of my Christmas decor up soon (after I've finished decorating!)

Today, however, I have a quick birthday card I made for my nephew who turned 2 recently.





He loves vehicles and farm things so I thought a tractor would be very appropriate.

Back in 2012 I was a guest designer for Scrappin' Patch here in New Zealand, and I was sent some of the Kaisercraft Little Toot collection. I made three layouts, then with the scraps I made two cards and two note cards. This was a note card that I made way back then, but never used - I've discovered I never use note cards. So I cut the front from the note card and mounted it on a card base, which I had added a black piece of paper onto (which has track marks on it). I then simply added a chipboard number which I coloured to match the card base. Voila! A quick and simple card.

I have done this with a handful of other note cards, and I have plenty more that I will do this to! There is no point in them sitting unused, when they can be used as a pre-made embellishment for a regular sized card!

See you soon,
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts