International Scrapbooking Day - Black & White

Hi all, did you celebrate International Scrapbooking Day over the weekend? I didn't spend an entire day scrapping - we're always super busy on weekends - but I did get some craft done. Yay!

My layout today is for the White With 1 May challenge. The colour this month is Deep Black.

Last month, my first time entering the challenge, I mentioned that I hadn't enteted the previous month as the colour was orange and that it is so not me. I had a couple of comments saying you should try the tricky colours as you might surprise yourself. When I saw that this months' colour was black I instantly thought I'm not doing it, I don't make dark layouts. I then remembered back to those comments and thought I'd give it a go - and I remembered it is white with black, not just black.

And I love it.


I started by coating my white cardstock then painting a patch on my page with black water colour paint. I also did a few drops in a diagonal fashion with the black water colour. (The page is curled up due to being wet from the paint).


I mixed some black acrylic paint with some paint medium and applied it through a stencil.


And now to some detail shots of my layout:


My black embellishments are fairly limited, but I managed to pull together a few. The black and white swirls on the velum are old rub-ons which I didn't even attempt to use as they're so old. I added a second lot on the opposite corner for balance.


I used various sized patches of the white sticky mesh all over my page. It is so incredibly old but still sticks!


I layered my photo on white tissue paper, black patterned paper, more white tissue paper and then a white based patterned paper. And that is all layered on a white doily.

So that's my page for today. Thanks for stopping by.  See you next week!
Jessica T

Comments

  1. Your layout is lovely and I love the inking and stenciling. Thank you for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and great details on your background. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now aren't you glad you listened to that voice in your head? Your layout is great, I love the background work. Thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you have combined all the elements on your background – very clever. Thank you so much for joining in with Ww1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I like your design! Wow Thank you for playing with us at whitewith1 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on joining in! I know exactly how you feel. Some of the best creations come from stretching our comfort zone. It's still such a bright layout despite the inclusion of the black.
    Great job.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and joined in with this challenge. Your layout is just perfect, well done to you!!!
    Thanks for joining our challenge this month at White with 1 and hopefully we see your lovely work again next month ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts