Two-Page Layout


One of the challenges I saw on International Scrapbooking Day was a two-page sketch. I eagerly found some photos to complete it as I haven't done a two-page layout in a long, long time (I honestly don't know when I last completed one, but it would have to be years ago). I did complete the layout but I wrote down the wrong date so missed the cut off time! Won't make that mistake again.

This is the sketch:


And my take on it:


I closely followed the sketch, but not exactly.


I fussy cut all the birds from some patterned paper.


The ribbon is from the flowers that I received on our 5th Anniversary. I stitched it across both pages. I also stitched down the white cardstock to the patterned paper, and a handful of the embellishments to the layout.


I added a skeleton leaf on each side of the layout. They aren't hugely noticeable but they add texture.


I used three fabric frames in different orientations across the page.


It was going to be difficult to attach the scalloped border (as it was over the pleated organza ribbon and the fabric frame) so I decided to stitch the 'love' sentiment down to attach them both easily and securely.

I will have to do another two-page layout one day soon.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts