Mothers Day Cards

I have cards again to show you this week. However these ones a very different from the last.

Typically when I make cards I just get a piece of cardstock and go for it, no template or sketch, no 'scrap lift'. Also I do one at a time, and not often the same.

These two cards I made at the same time, and I made them essentially the same (no sketch or anything though).


My mother and my husbands' mother live hundred of kilometers apart, so I don't expect they'll see they have the same cards. I'm sure they will love the fact they're handmade with a lot of work put into them anyway, regardless of if they're the same or not.

A layer of purple paper, with a second layer of a different purple, then a project life card in grey and white are stitched together. A skeleton leaf, half a doily and a peach flower (with white ink rubbed on top) with the word mum is then stitched to the paper layers. Both cards are topped off with a bunch of purple gems in different shapes and different shades being glued on in three areas of the card.


These alphas are actually plastic.


While these alphas are stickers.

I don't often use purple in my crafts, so I thought I might as well use as much as I can.

I love it when I receive things that have been made especially for me, rather than simply chosen from a stand or off the shelf. I always try to made cards for those special occasions.

Until next time,
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts