Greens Layout

Today I have a layout to show you that I really love.

I created a mixed media type background, as I have been lately, but used something I haven't before - ink pads instead of mists or water colour paints. I dabbed the ink onto the plastic, added water and did it as normal for the packaging technique.


I used the ink pads shown - aqua blue, bright green, and a dark teal type green. The aqua blue turned out to not be particularly suitable for this as it was quite a thick ink and didn't mix well with the water, so most was covered up and it turned into a green layout. Green is one of my least favourite colours, so it was going to be a challenge.


I do love the end result of the background, even if it is green. I then looked through my pre-printed photos to find one to match this background.

And here is the finished background


Since I was going green I sorted through my stash and pulled out everything green to try and work in. It's an eclectic mix, but I love it.


The title ties in the the blues in the picture and helps to make the page a little more earthy and natural by using the raw chipboard and white plastic alphas. It is eclectic and a little crazy, just like how these boys are crazy about tractors. I added the green zigzag sticker underneath as the title was just floating and it didn't look right - the sticker grounded it, and of course added another pop of colour.


I layered the photo with lots of blue, green and white papers. I added coloured thread in a couple of places, to bring in colour and texture.


I am not one to typically add things that aren't there, or add things that aren't even in my country, but it all ties together nicely. The tractor in the photo indicates it is a rural situation, so I added a tree and some animals to the page. And I love how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today.
See you next week!
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts